Habitat for Humanity Cabarrus County is seeking a Full Time Construction Assistant to provide on - site construction support enabling Habitat Cabarrus to increase the number of families served through its housing programs. Assistant is responsible for completion of specific construction tasks and projects as directed providing on -site leadership and supervision of volunteers and future homeowners. The scope of this role covers new build construction, critical home repairs and maintenance of transitional housing rental units.
Qualificatios and Requirements:
- Associates degree in construction management/technology and at least one year experience in the construction field
- Must have an understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision and values of Habitat Cabarrus
- Some experience in construction management a plus
- A strong desire for personal growth and development
- NC General Contractor’s license a plus
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record (ability to drive a Habitat Cabarrus vehicle)
- Experience using various construction related power tools
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding and to work on roofs and high spaces
- Ability to work in tight confines and crawl spaces
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to stand most of the day
- Ability to work outside for extended periods of time throughout the year
- Must have basic computer skills with knowledge of MS Office (including Outlook)
Salary/Benefits commensurate with experience.
Click here to view the full Position Description.
Applications are still accepted - this position will remain open until filled.
Habitat for Humanity Cabarrus County is an equal opportunity employer.