Habitat for Humanity Cabarrus County is seeking a Full Time Construction Apprentice to provide on - site construction support enabling Habitat Cabarrus to increase the number of families served through its housing programs. Apprentice is responsible for completion of specific construction tasks and projects as directed providing on -site leadership and supervision of volunteers and future homeowners. The scope of this role covers new build construction, critical home repairs and maintenance of transitional housing rental units.
- Associates degree in construction management/technology and at least one year experience in the construction field
- Must have an understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision and values of Habitat Cabarrus
- Must have the ability to interact with and effectively supervise construction volunteers.
- Must have the ability to perform the physical requirements of the role as noted in the Position Description
- Must have basic computer skills with knowledgeof MS Office (including Outlook)
- Strong leadership, management, interpersonal and motivational skills
- Self-directed – ability to function with minimal supervision
- Strong desire for personal growth and development
- Some experience in construction management a plus
- NC General Contractor’s license a plus
Salary/Benefits commensurate with experience.
Click here to view the full Position Description.
Applications will be accepted through August 17, 2018.
Habitat for Humanity Cabarrus County is an equal opportunity employer.