Free Tax Assistance Program Starts in February
Habitat Cabarrus has partnered with Community Link to offer the VITA program here in Cabarrus County for the first time!
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who made $55,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
Habitat Cabarrus will be a VITA site location for the 2019 Tax Season from 2/9/18-4/9/18. We will operate every Monday evening from 5:30pm-8:00pm and 2nd and 4th Saturdays 10:00am-2pm during those dates. (Closed 2/23 and 3/9).
What to Bring
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable