Habitat for Humanity Cabarrus County is seeking an Executive Director who is responsible to the Board of Directors for promoting the overall vision and direction of the affiliate and helping ensure that long range plans are developed and carried out to sustain healthy growth and financial stability. The Executive Director works closely with staff and board to raise support for the mission, oversees all areas of the affiliate operations and serves as a housing advocate and governmental liaison in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Board and Committee Development
- Develops and recommends to the Board a long-term strategy and vision for the organization that is aligned with the mission and serves clients
- Develops and recommends to the Board annual business plans and budgets that support the organization’s long-term strategy and take into account current market conditions and opportunities
- Works effectively with the Board Chair to develop Board agendas and maintains open and candid dialogue with directors
- Actively cultivates potential affiliate leaders and make recommendations to the Board
- Oversees the training of board members and committee chairs and participates in the board member recruitment process
- Ensures that board policies and goals are being correctly interpreted and implemented by its staff and committees
- Assists the board in its effort to raise funds and support for the mission
- Identifies and cultivates major donors for house sponsorships and undesignated donations
- Works in cooperation with Habitat Cabarrus Resource Development Director to develop the affiliate’s major donor campaign
- Manages directly or through subordinate staff the following responsibilities: o Preparation of the annual fundraising plan in coordination with the Resource Development Director
o Produces all publications, brochures, newsletters and all printed information related to Habitat
o All fundraising activities and events
o All grant and funding opportunities
o Coordination of all public speaking engagements
o Initiation and nurturing of all affiliate relationships including major donors, churches, businesses and civic and municipal leaders (including local, state and federal officials)
o Coordinate acquisition and use of in-kind materials and services, ensuring timing and donation is appropriate for Habitat
Affiliate Management and Staff Development
- Ensure that the organization has a committed management team below the level of the Executive Director and has an active plan for its development and succession, including a commitment to continue to increase the diversity of the team at all levels
- Manages and oversees the activities of major areas of responsibility including Construction,
Finance, Homeowner Services and ReStore Operations
- Leads an organization-wide commitment to continuous improvement in the quality and value of
Habitat Cabarrus’ services
- Formulates and oversees the implementation of major policies, including those that ensure
compliance with all laws and regulations, as well as those that define the organization’s culture
Housing Advocacy and Governmental Liaison
- Be familiar with and advocate for housing issues
- Participates in community efforts to address housing needs
- Serves on Habitat regional and national committees as necessary
- Develops and maintains relationships with Habitat staff at national, regional and local levels
- Develops and maintains relationships with other local low-income housing providers
- Develops and maintains relationships with government officials (local, state & federal)
- Coordinate housing activities with Cabarrus County and the cities of Kannapolis and Concord
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent communication skills - Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of people
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to operate at a strategic, visionary level
- Ability to effectively lead and manage the organization and delegate as appropriate
- Excellent organizational and technological skills
- Personnel management skills, experience and/or training
- Ability to work collaboratively with Board of Directors, other staff members, and volunteers
- Exhibits professional and emotional maturity
- Enthusiasm and passion for the mission of Habitat
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Degree from four-year college or university and five years related experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience preferred. Experience in a non-profit organization is desirable. Experience in
fundraising, management, construction and finance is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficiency in database management, project
management software and Microsoft Office Suite software, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
Click here to view the full Position Description.
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.
Salary/Benefits commensurate with experience.
Habitat for Humanity Cabarrus County is an equal opportunity employer.